Saturday, October 18, 2008

PMS--The Original Natural Disaster

The nice lady on the weather channel stated that it was still hurricane season and I set my mind spinning. It doesn’t take a lot for that to happen. Anyway, I started to wonder… what if they had a machine that could predict the increase in our hormones as we approached our menstrual cycle. They could add a nice color graphic that shows the swirling estrogen increase and brain scans for tempers rising.

Really, this would be of great help to the people in our lives. They could see the estrogen dump approaching and back off or maybe bring us flowers. They would know that now is not the best time to talk about the budget or the laundry. As with most natural disasters, they could even plan in advance. Forget stock piling water or canned food. This approaching storm requires a truck load of chocolate and the hiding of sharp objects.

What I’m really saying is… if there were such a system, there would be a giant red light flashing at my house right now with a warning siren going off every two minutes.

WARNING… STEP AWAY FROM THE CRAZY WOMAN.

WARNING… STEP AWAY FROM THE CRAZY WOMAN.


Please pray for my husband.

2 comments:

Amy Wallace said...

You know I'm praying!

Great to see you blogging again!

David K said...

You know I'm praying too... (self-preservation prayers)